He is passionate about developing people, and it shows. Boris Joaquin, President and Chief Equipping Officer of Salt and Light Ventures, and the Co-Founder & CEO of Breakthrough Leadership Management Consultancy, Inc., lives to help other people develop, launch, and hopefully complete their own personal vision. He is a Master Trainer and Accredited Facilitator for Servant Leadership, Leading Without the Title, Art of Influence, Exceeding Customers’ Expectations, among other leadership training courses. This podcast is a very vulnerable, honest, and inspiring window into his work. His passion for personal development shines with every minute.
In this interview, Mike and Boris discussed the following:
- Why it’s important to know where God is at work, and why you have to leverage that for chasing new opportunities.
- The relationship between fear and failure. (Hint: It involves the ego!)
- That consistency is the key to building and growing a business or any other undertaking.
- The word that you need to learn to say in order to achieve your vision.
- Why humility and generosity should be constants in one’s life.
- Boris’ personal productivity secrets.
- Why your particular vision could be key to building and developing the nation.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Boris Joaquin’s Website
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- VIDEO: “When Everything Seems Lacking” by Boris Joaquin
- One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
- Lead Like Jesus: Lessons from the Greatest Leadership Role Model of All Time by Ken Blanchard
- Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones by John Maxwell
Here are some memorable quotes from Boris and others that were mentioned in this episode.
- Leadership is anytime you influence another person, whether in their personal or professional life. – Ken Blanchard
- The gap between ‘knowing’ and ‘doing’ is greater than the gap between ‘knowledge’ and ‘ignorance.- Margie Blanchard
- When you’re experiencing crises of belief, that’s when you [have to] take a bold step of faith.
- Join God where He is already at work.
- Normally if your vision is noble, it goes beyond yourself.
- I think that the major failures in my ventures was because I had been infected with my ego virus called ‘Pride.’
- E.A.R.: F.alse E.vidence A.ppearing R.eal.: Because of my pride and my self-centeredness, I tend to be fearful of things, like somebody might belittle me, or that somebody might ‘dethrone’ me. And that fear engulfs you and causes you to build walls against things that may not even exist.
- When good and bad collide, who do you think would win? Whoever gets fed the most. – Tomorrowland
What’s the one thing from this interview that inspires or empowers you to go further, faster? Share it in the comment section below!