Anton Diaz is best known as the man behind “Our Awesome Planet”, one of the most successful food and lifestyle blogs in the Philippines. What not a lot of people know is that Anton actually quit a rather successful career as Procter & Gamble Philippines’ Chief Information Officer and IT Country Leader, in order to pursue his passion. Foodies and Filipinos everywhere, and the Department of Tourism as well, should thank Anton for making that rather crucial decision. Thanks to his life-changing choice, we now have a blog we can be proud of, across the world – a blog that helps us make decisions on where to eat. After all, as Anton quips in this podcast, “One of the hardest decisions is [to figure out] where to eat!”
This may come as a surprise to many, but Anton is also about giving back, paying it forward, and social responsibility. He reveals these and and more in this episode.
In this interview, Mike and Anton discussed the following:
- Why “luxury” is not just about financial independence anymore.
- Anton’s definition of success.
- The secrets to having a thriving career as a blogger.
- How crucial faith is in your business ventures and other personal endeavors.
- Anton’s vision for the education. (Are schools obsolete?!)
- What else Anton’s want to blog about aside from food.
- 3 Habits that will make you more productive.
- The importance of being part of a mastermind in becoming a better version of you.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Kerygma Family with Bo Sanchez
- Russia Orders US: Tell The World About Aliens, Or We Will
- Anton Diaz’s Maven Secrets
Here are some memorable quotes from Anton and others that were mentioned in this episode.
- Success is getting paid for helping people and, at the same time, getting paid for what you love to do.
- The best mentors like to help other people.
- One of the hardest decisions is [to figure out] where to eat!
- It’s very important to try new things and hope they work.
- Business is really [all about] luck. But the thing about that luck, is that they were ready to try their luck, and they never gave up trying.
What’s the one thing from this interview that inspires or empowers you to go further, faster? Share it in the comment section below!