While studying entrepreneurship in a top business school (HEC Paris), 21-year old Louis Faure chose to look for another path. He came all the way from France to put up a chicken business and learn about social entrepreneurship in the Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm. It didn’t take much for him to fall in love with the Philippines and the vision of Gawad Kalinga (GK) so he extended his stay for another year. Today after 8 months, he is a farmer, an entrepreneur, a mentor, a lecturer and a model, sharing the work of GK everywhere he goes.
Listen to Louis’ inspiring story in this episode.
In this interview, Mike and Louis discussed the following:
- How Louis ended up going to the Philippines instead of other developing countries.
- The best way to assimilate yourself to a foreign community.
- The secret to managing people effectively.
- What to do when you’re filled with self-doubt.
- Why travel is important to one’s personal growth and transformation.
- How to deal with conflict within the family.
- Louis’ dream for the Philippines.
- The aspects of your life that fear affects.
Links and resources mentioned:
Here are some memorable quotes from Louis and others that were mentioned in this episode.
- They didn’t know it was impossible so they did it. – Mark Twain
- Stick to your integrity because integrity will be your best shield wherever you go.
- Success is achieving everything you ever dreamed of without having to ask for it.
- You can’t manage people if you don’t do what they do.
- Forgiveness is the only solution when it comes to conflict.
- Anybody can inspire anybody.
- My dream for the Philippines is for it to discover its own beauty, nourish it, develop it, share it, and teach my country about it.
What’s the one thing from this interview that inspires or empowers you to go further, faster? Share it in the comment section below!