Would you leave a position in a family conglomerate to start from scratch and make your own name?
Not many people would do that but that’s just what our guest did. He went abroad to find his own path and it led him to the door of one of the world’s most recognizable brands, Starbucks. Now, Noey Tantoco Lopez is the chief executive officer of Starbucks Philippines and is credited for making this coffee shop a household name in the country. How he did it is one of the topics covered in his two-part interview with Mike. Be inspired with his story of hard work and perseverance!
In part 1 of this interview, Mike and Noey discuss the following:
- You can never really be prepared to be a father.
- Why it’s always positive when you tell the truth.
- The importance of knowing that there are different ways of saying something or expressing certain things.
- How failure can lead to success.
In part 2 of this interview, Mike and Noey discuss the following:
- The people that makes Noey drive up to the wall.
- The importance of exercise on your overall well being and relationships.
- What has surprised Noey in this whole personal and business journey.
- Productivity habits that help you become the best version of you.
Here are some words of wisdom shared by Noey and others in this interview.
- Only the truth sounds like the truth.” – Howard Behar, Starbucks Coffee International
- My goal was to build a company that would show others that the Filipino could do excellent work.
- I wasn’t able to turn a certain business around, but failing miserably taught me where to look if a business is successful or not.
- The most successful people are the ones with the best attitude and the one’s that never give up.
- Paying money for a service is not an entitlement to disrespect another person.
- If somebody gives you the responsibility and you take it seriously, you’ll know what to do.
Join the Conversation:
Do you exercise? How does it affect your life? We’d love to know! Share it with us in the comment section below.
(And don’t forget to share this interview using our social sharing buttons on the left hand side!)