Does any of the following describe your current work status?
- Unhappily employed.
Marv de Leon started Freelance Blend, an online community for freelancers, in 2014 to help people who fall under any of these categories. Marv graduated from the De La Salle University, Taft, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Commerce Major in Business Management. He took the daring leap into freelance life after 18 years in the corporate world. Click on the podcast below to find out what gave Marv the courage to become his own boss, and learn how you can also live and work on your own terms.
In part 1 of this interview, Mike and Marv discussed the following:
- The impact of simply saying “Thank you.”
- How positive feedback can help you deal with discouragement.
- Why leaving the corporate world can be a game changer.
- Marv’s message for people who hate their jobs.
- The importance of having a daily morning routine. (Coffee is optional.)
In part 2 of this interview, Mike and Marv discussed the following:
- The importance of forgiving yourself.
- Who keeps Marv grounded and helps him deal with negative things.
- How freelancing can help deepen your relationships.
- Marv’s advice to his younger self. (Don’t tell his mom.)
- Why freelancing is instrumental to having a full life.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Freelance Blend
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
Here are some memorable quotes from Marv and others that were mentioned in this episode.
- “I try to learn something new every day.”
- “I knew there was potential, that’s why I took the leap (into freelancing). You don’t have to overthink it.”
- “You need to talk to someone about anything you’re struggling with. It will be difficult to solve it on my own.”
- “You don’t need smoking to be cool.”
- “Progress, not perfection.” – Fitz Villafuerte
Do you love your job? If you don’t, what’s stopping you from resigning and making a career change? Share it in the comment section below!